Sunday, April 10, 2011

A happy tale of loss

Last week, Marcus lost his very first tooth. He told me the day before he lost it that it was wiggling so I checked it out and sure enough he had a very loose tooth. He told me that it had started first wiggling while we were in Utah (he specifically noticed it while he was hiding behind the chair in Grandma's front room the night we arrived for those of my siblings who were wondering where Marcus had disappeared to . . .) So last Saturday, Tim popped it out and Marcus cried a lot, but more from embarrassment then pain, I think. He doesn't seem to like it when we are all smiling and happy for him. I just said, "Marcus, I love you and I am happy for you. Sorry if you don't like that."

He was fine after that and we took some video and pictures of him with his tooth and his new Jack-o-lantern smile. That night, he even decided to write a letter to the Tooth Fairy all by himself. The tooth fairy liked that letter so much that she left him one whole dollar!


Dear Tooth Fairy, this is my first tooth. Love, Marcus

4 comments:

Mary said...

Mark is so jealous! He just asked me if we could have something hard for dinner so it would make his tooth loose.

BSU fam said...

Love it and by the way your flowers out front are beyond beautiful. It makes me want to plant a ton of them. So springy!

Tammy said...

HOw fun! I hope you gusy are coming to the reunion so we can catch up. I can't believe how grown up your boys are!

ann said...

Marcus, I can't wait to see your toothless smile :)
You did a wonderful job on your note to the tooth fairy.