Thursday, June 13, 2013

These are the faces I get when I say "Smile!"
These two haven't had a pic up on the blog for awhile so here's one from our "field trip" to the Discovery Center with the cousins a few weeks back. Marcus was going on lots of field trips at the time so we decided we needed to take one of our own. It was fun, especially the mini grocery store. Adorable. When I am a grandma, I want one room of my house to be a mini grocery store. So cute.

We have baby birds in our hanging flower basket again. The birds build one there every year and it is fun to see the eggs and then watch the little babies grow. Usually, I can get the basket down with no problems but yesterday when we got the basket down to water the flowers, the babies got spooked and hopped out onto the grass. It was pretty obvious that they weren't quite ready to fly and I got a little freaked out thinking of all the predators just waiting to pounce. I called for Tim and he and I ran around the front yard and managed to catch all the little babies and carry them back to their nest safe and sound. We'll give them a few more days and then try watering the flowers again, I think by then they will be flight ready. That was a first for me, I've never held a wild baby bird before.

2 comments:

alecia said...

Those two have the biggest personalities! :) I love them so much!

ann said...

Owen & Eli---you are way too cute!!!

Katie, instead of being a mother to 4 little ones, you are also a mother-caregiver to several others :)
You have a very loving heart. Thanks for the example you are.