Thursday, February 07, 2013

Behind the scenes

It should be known that I try to be a thrifty person (some might say cheap--those people are haters) and my cousin, Rachelle, is the same way. That said, we still like nice things and if we had lots of money, we could go out and buy them--lots and lots of them.

A few weeks ago I was chatting with my sister on the phone and she was telling me about some of the amazing photographers she's meeting through her Etsy shop and she asked me, "So, are you going to do a cake smash photo session with Zach?" I answered, "A what?" So then she explained to me what it was and then I looked it up on Pinterest, and then I called my cousin and told her we should do a cake smash photo shoot for our boys (Kellan is only a week older than Zach) to which she replied, "Definitely!"  We combined my photoshop program, fish pond PVC pipe frame and banner (made in 10 min!) with her sweet camera, backdrop and baseboard remnant (and lots and lots of tape).  And TAH DAH!! (see previous birthday post pics).

It was free, it was fun, and I'm very happy with the results.

3 comments:

ann said...

What an awesome idea and the pictures are great!

Unknown said...

Yay for being crafty! I don't think that's cheap, i think it makes things mean much more in the end. His pictures look dang cute and he is dang cute, also i'm lovin all the posts!

Mary said...

You did a fabulous job! I am jealous!